Thursday, October 8, 2009

Road trip

Hi All,
I am currently on a road trip with my dear husband Richard.
We are traveling along the Mississippi heading north.
We started in Milwaukee and are right now in La Crosse.
The scenic route is just beautiful and I have seen something
I have never seen before...Lock and Dam systems!
Way cool. These huge barges go through this system and wait as the
water level decreases so they can continue on their way down the river.
It is sooo cool. One tugboat with barges attached can carry as much freight
as 870 fully loaded Semis with a crew of only about 5 people!!
And behind us as we watched were train tracks and 3 trains went by!
I love trains!!!
I don't have photos at this moment because i forgot my card reader, duh!
Will try to take some with my iphone.

Will also update the cards I made on Saturday and Monday!

Later...

2 Comments:

Judee said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time, and really enjoying some interesting scenery. TFS.
Hugs, Judee

Diann said...

Are you having fun or what!!! I love special times like this and my husband and I take day trips at times and enjoy them so...thanks for sharing your fun! Diann

blogger templates | Make Money Online