Thursday, September 2, 2010

Tim Holtz inspired Framed Mirror

Since I do work at Michael's, it seems that when I am walking
from the back of the store to the front, I am always looking
for different things to alter or use on some of my art.
The latest being the unfinished wood framed mirror.
I used many Tim Holtz items and created this:



Here is a Link to it on Picasa so you can zoom and look at it to see more detail.
http://picasaweb.google.com/vcrlady/THMirror#5512122430798240978
There is a zoom feature that you can click on and get a better look.

I used paper from the Lost and Found pack, Idea-ology items, Distress inks, Paint dabbers, Grunge Board, you name it, I think I used it.

Hope you like it.
Comments always welcome!!
Thanks for looking!

14 Comments:

Tammy D said...

Dorothy this is so way cool!

Kerry said...

Dorothy - it is fantastic! I love it. It is very much Tim, the colors and all the detail. Good job!

Karla Anderson said...

This is very cool. Love all the little embellishments to look at.

Firenze said...

Oh Dorothy that's awesome! TFS this great project.
Helen -- Firenze Cards

Unknown said...

Great frame.......tfs

Patsy Ingram said...

Your mirror turned out beautiful. You
put a lot of time and effort into your
project and it shows. What a great piece of art to display in your home.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dorothy...I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!! It is so warm and welcoming!!! BEAUTIFUL job!!!!

Diann said...

What a wonderful job you did with your TIM mirror! I really like all the details in your ART! Diann

sa_homespun / Michelle van Wyk said...

That is stunning.. great job.. well done... I might have to "scraplift"this... LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing this. I just picked up two Ikea mirror frames at
a goodwill. I was planning a very similar project. You have given me some really great ideas. It will be for a man. So, I
have to make it masculine. Thanks for sharing this lovely project!

inge said...

Hello Dorothy,

lucky lady to work at Michaels ! :)

Nice piece and a lot of details to look at.

greetings from belgium
Inge

inge said...

Hello Dorothy,

lucky lady to work at Michaels ! :)

Nice piece and a lot of details to look at.

greetings from belgium
Inge

Anonymous said...

This is simply awesome--totally cool! I love it!
Thanks for your comment on my altered domino mermaid book!
I beccame a follower of your blog and hope you will return the favor.

all the best,
kandrew

Lisa van Heerden said...

Dorothy, I am just blog hopping and came across your site. I am also a newbie blogger but love your buttons. Will you pot a link to me and I will do the same?

blogger templates | Make Money Online